Chia Pudding is a delicious breakfast, snack during the day or dessert! This healthy pudding is sweet, creamy & topped with your favorite fixins! We’ve been taught that the only source of calcium is cow’s milk. If you’re a new vegan or have a calcium deficiency, this is a delicious way to get your minerals!
Note: This pudding is sweetened with agave nectar, a low glycemic syrup that will not spike the blood sugar of those with Type 2 Diabetes.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia is the Mayan word that literally translates to “strength.” Chia seeds contain loads of energy to keep you going through the day. Just 2 tbsp of chia seeds contain:
- 5x more calcium than dairy milk
- 100% more omega 3 fatty acids than fish
- 3x more iron than spinach
- 2x the antioxidants of blueberries
- 32% of the RDI of magnesium
Aside from that, chia seeds are high in nutrients & low in calorie, they contain loads of antioxidants & quality protein! These powerful seeds help protect against heart disease and chronic inflammation.
Incorporating them into your diet is really easy as they don’t taste like anything. Throw them in your smoothies or juice, add them to oatmeal or your favorite sauces...the options are limitless!
Adding healthy fat such as almond butter not only adds extra calories, creaminess but a delicious nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with fruit & granola!
2 cups of almond milk
6 tablespoons of almond butter
1/4 cup of agave nectar
9 tablespoons of chia seeds
1. Whisk together almond milk, almond butter & agave until blended well.
2. Add chia seeds and continue whisking for another 5 minutes.
3. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating, it’s best to let it chill overnight.
4. Scoop our desired amount into a bowl and top with your favorite fruits & granola.
Model: Vita Esperança Amore @fashionfoodfrenzy
Coconut Bowl & Spoon: Bohemian Bowls
Black Millennial Vegan is dedicated to sharing information, delicious recipes & natural remedies. Planet earth thanks you for opting for a plant based meal!