Salads are a great cost effective way to get your raw veggies in! However, raw foods digest faster, and you might find yourself hungry again within the next hour after eating. This delicious salad can be eaten warm or cold and it's packed with protein, keeping you full and satisfied! Check it out!
1 can of organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
8 oz of organic crimini mushrooms
1 cup of quinoa + 2 cups of veggie broth
1/2 red onion
1 bag of shredded kale or 2 bunches, washed & chopped
Dressing of your choice, creamy garlic, plain lemon juice/olive oil blend or vinaigrette
Red pepper flakes
1. Cook quinoa as directed. If using dried quinoa, rinse well, combine 1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of veggie broth, with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Cut half a red onion & dice. Add to skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil, grapeseed preferred, on medium heat.
3. Rinse & slice mushrooms, add to skillet and saute with onions, adding garlic powder, salt & pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Mix well.
4. Drain & rinse garbanzo beans in a fine mesh strainer. Add to skillet and add generous amount of Umami seasoning and a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once quinoa is cooked, fill bowl with raw shredded kale. Top with quinoa and then the chickpea & mushroom medley. Drizzle with dressing.
Enjoy this salad warm or cold!
Black Millennial Vegan is dedicated to sharing information, delicious recipes & natural remedies. Planet earth thanks you for opting for a plant based meal!